We hope that you are preparing to celebrate a 4th of July weekend filled with fun in the sun, but want to send out a quick reminder that we’re getting even closer to the American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront.
The anticipation continues to build and over the next few weeks, we’ll be sharing even more artist profiles to get your listening ears prepped.
In less than two months, artists from all over the world will descend on Bangor to provide yet another year of fabulous folk festival entertainment. If you can’t wait for us to give you the full scoop on each artist, be sure to visit americanfolkfestival.com/performers as you begin to plan your festival weekend.
For those who have never been (and those who need a quick refresher), here’s what the folk festival has to offer:
- The nation’s finest performing groups sharing the traditional arts of their region, culture and heritage
- 4 stages of music and dance
- Traditional craft demonstrations and exhibits
- A children’s area with activities for the whole family
- Dozens of food vendors offering ethnic food, regional specialties and traditional festival favorites
- A Marketplace offering unique, handcrafted items and “Taste of Maine” treats for sale
Behind-the-scenes work has been going on sine the day after last year’s festival ended, and things are now moving at a fast and furious pace in preparation for the Aug. 28-30 festivities. Be sure to stay tuned here for even more info as the kickoff approaches.
For now, Happy 4th of July!